Infection Prevention and Control Training
At Optimal we believe it’s not just the first responders that need to follow infection prevention but it is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace to practise the highest standard of personal hygiene and to follow infection control.
Does your company need training in the infection control space? Have you thought about hiring an In-house trainer? We have taken the leg work out for you and we have teamed up with a fantastic trainer who is providing infection control training to businesses on the Northern Beaches.
Below is a list of the areas she covers; you can pick certain topics or select others. The below topics if you were to get everything covered will take about 2 hours to get through
- Optional – pre work Hand Hygiene Certificate online NHHI training
- Micro organisms and transmission of infection (chain of infection)
- Standard and additional precautions
- Hand Hygiene-observation and practice/ABHR-Glitterbug glow in the dark activity
- 5 moments of Hand Hygiene
- PPE sequence of donning and removal-observation and practice
- Environmental control-dirty and clean areas
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Identify hazards and risks
- Health Care Worker and responsibility
- Exposure to blood or body fluids
- Needle stick injury
- Follow Policies & Procedures in the workplace
On completion of the training:
Your employees will understand what MO/pathogens are, how to follow standard and additional precautions, correct HH & PPE, cleaning and waste management. Identify hazards, assess risks, follow P & P.
About the trainer:
Kim is a part time NSW tafe teacher, she is a registered Nurse with 17 years of experience in varied disciplines. She has extensive skills experience and thorough understanding of immunology, aged care and dementia, disability, community peritoneal dialysis support and school nursing.
Kim has current extensive experience in education of VET since 2012. VET units include infection control, work health and safety, healthy body systems, nursing in acute care, communication, diversity, first aid, dementia, behaviours of concern, transport individuals, assist with client movement, medical terminology and provide non client contact support.
Kim’s credentials include:
Registered with AHPRA 2021
Current WWCC/National police certificate
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Advanced First Aid Certificate
Current member of Nursing CPD Institute
LGBTI awareness training 2020
Founder of Nursing agency Sick Bay Nurses since 2020.
In home care for sick children unable to attend school/pre school
Current volunteer with Black Dog Institute in research
To get Kim out to your workplace please give us a call on 02 8416 4181